Monday, April 13, 2009

All I can say is WOW!

I arrived home last week from training the Navy SEALS with fellow RKC instructors and of course, all under command of our Chief Instructor Pavel Tsatsouline. It was an incredible experience to train with the SEALS. I felt privileged and honored to be asked to go and instruct these well conditioned men in kettlebell training. Although the weather conditions were poor to say the least, the SEALS seemed to remain focused on learning the methodologies that we incorporate so strongly in KB training. As I drove home from the cert I felt invigorated and proud of what we do as instructors, and wholeheartedly believe in the RKC community and how we teach. I hope to have more opportunities to train with men and women who have made such honorable commitments to protect our nation. It was truly a blessing to me.

This week I leave for Minneapolis where I will be assisting another RKC Kettlebell cert. I always enjoy going as I get to catch up with many friends and familiar faces and make new friends as well among fellow instructors and attendees. I'll miss my peeps at the Studio, though! Thanks to the members and my colleagues Kevin and Naina of Rapid Results Fitness for allowing me to take part in the certs when invited. Our members and colleagues inspire me in every sense of the word!

No comments: