Sunday, April 5, 2009

I owe you!

I do really... Confessions that is.... I never really wanted to go this long without writing on the blog,(that is confession #1). Secondly, I need to explain what Ive been up to and where I "failed", sort of. Let's go back to 3/23/09. I decided that I would start keeping a food journal for three weeks to keep me on track and dial back to really healthy eating. I have always done pretty well but I have also indulged from time to time in not so nutritious habits. My decision to get back to healthy eating was not for figure competition sake or to look good in a bathing suit (although the thought crossed my mind) but it was to be able to identify with what my clients go through. I have been coaching them on healthy lifestyles including not just the physical fitness part but also the nutrition part.
So I started out pretty well, conscious effort all the way around. Eating 5 to 6 meals a day with protein at every meal and portion control and most importantly loggin' it all down so that I can really KNOW what I put in my mouth on any given day. This part alone can be extremely daunting for lots of reasons...

Well so I did this for 5 days straight... Then WHAM!!! I started to get off track. And not just off track but as far as I was concerned "out of control" . Eating just took a dive. The wrong food choices basically. I was so disappointed with myself. Because frankly when I looked back at why I blew it, it was totally stress related!!!! So what was the take away? Well that I was susceptible too to stress related eating. And all the ramifications that go with that. I.e. guilt, defeat, lost cause, etc.... More importantly that even the most self disciplined "lose it every now and then". My reasons were simple to see when you look at WHY I ate and WHEN I ate... I was handling work, family, projects, bills,deadlines and commitments, everything hit at once and was time sensitive. I caved....

Well so I didn't report about it right away on this blog. But I am now... So what happened in the mean time you ask? Well, I decided i could do one of two things. I could say "screw it" who needs a log of what they ate. Or #2 i could START OVER.... well guess what, I started over... Did it put me two steps ahead? No, remember I already blew it. BUT it didn't put me any further behind either... That is the key.

We all have trouble and strife from time to time. We all deal with life stresses in different ways. But this truth holds out. We can start over. It may be difficult it may be challenging it may be overwhelming. But have faith believe and persevere. Every positive step counts for something. Really.
So I get back on track, and before you know it, clarity kicks in. I mean clarity about the tasks that overwhelmed in the first place. Yippee! I gained strength against my own weaknesses. Ok I'm rambling at this point.

So I leave you with this:
Accountability is key. Somtimes it is easy, sometimes it is hard. But once you make the committment to hold yourself accountable, things start to fall into place. It is working for me. But i do it ONE day at a time....

I'll post again in a few days. I am really excited as I have been given the opportunity to train the NAVY SEALS in VA. Beach, VA in kettlebell traiining. I am so fortunate to do what I do. It is my passion and I love it!

No comments: