Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Too busy exercising I guess.... (big smile!)

How many days just went by????! Ugh! Ok, I'm back now, ready to fill you in on some of the facts I've been thinking about lately.

We have all heard how exercise is good for you. There are many statistics that support this. But I have read a few lately that I think is worth repeating. Of course movement is critical to achieving and maintaining health. Here are some sobering facts: Breast cancer will affect one in eight women, but three hours of exercise per week reduces the incidence by 30%. Add one more hour and reduce the incidence by 60%!!! Boy now that gives you a WHOLE NEW REASON to train your body more frequently (so RRF KBers, I look forward to seeing more of you in class more frequently, the number 4 comes to mind ).

I guess this statistic hit home for me as I know several women battling cancer right now. It is truly a scary disease. I know there is no guarantee in life of what we will or won't have to face. But I do believe in taking responsibility for our own health and controlling what we can through proper nutrition and exercise.

I do not take my good health for granted. I am thankful for the ability to move (without injury or pain) everyday. I find true exhilaration and a natural high in the ability to move,dance, kettlebell train, run with my kids, etc.

I encourage anyone reading this to not waste another minute being sedentary. We must not take our bodies and good health for granted. So what are you waiting for?? Get moving!!!!

No comments: